This article needs additional citations for verification. Headquarters 1386 Ponce de Leon Ave. National Panhellenic sorority founded on May 15, 1851 at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia. Alpha Delta Pi is a member of pi kappa alpha iota delta National Panhellenic Conference, which is the governing council of its 26 member sororities.
Its Executive Office is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Alpha Delta Pi was first founded as the Adelphean Society on May 15, 1851 at Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Georgia. Wesleyan College, the first college for women in the world, was chartered to grant degrees to women. In 1904, a committee of three, led by Jewel Davis, conferred with Attorney Dupont Guerry, the President of Wesleyan, about to the procedure to become a national organization.
They secured a charter of incorporation from the state of Georgia. In 1905, the Adelphean Society changed its name to Alpha Delta Phi. At the time of nationalization, Alpha Delta Phi had 60 active members and 3,000 alumnae. In 1905, Beta Chapter was established at Salem College in Winston-Salem, North Carolina by two members of Alpha Chapter. The chapter has seven members and fifteen new initiates. It thrived for three years until the administration abolished sororities. In 1906, the Gamma Chapter was founded at Mary Baldwin Seminary.
In 1913, Alpha Delta Phi officially changed its name to Alpha Delta Pi. The Convention body changed the name of the organization, adopted a recognition pin, and appointed a standardization committee. The trustees at Wesleyan Female College voted to abolish sororities. The first mascot was a griffin. In 1983, Alpha Delta Pi Foundation was established. In 2001, Alpha Delta Pi celebrated its 150th Anniversary in Atlanta, Georgia, and in 2006, the Delta chapter, the oldest open chapter of ADPi, celebrated its 100th anniversary at The University of Texas at Austin. In 2009, Theta Theta Chapter at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, Connecticut was installed.